WIN Enterprises Announces High Performance Storage Server with Dual Cavium® ThunderX™ Processors
NORTH ANDOVER, MA, October 4, 2016: WIN Enterprises, Inc., a leading manufacturer of embedded controllers, network platforms for solution providers announces the PL-81060,a high-performance server with dual Cavium® ThunderX™ processors optimized as a Cloud and Data Center server. ThunderX™ is the Cavium® 64-bit ARMv8 server processor family for next generation high-performance computing and hyperscale datacenter workloads. The unit provides up to 248 TB of storage. The 64-bit ARM-based PL-81060 uses the standard-size 2U chassis that is popular in the cloud market.
• High-density, high-performance, cost-effective server
• Up to 24x 3.5’’ HDD providing up to 240 TB of storage and 4x 2.5’’ HDD/SSD providing an additional 8 TB of cache storage
• Dual CAVIUM® ThunderX® CN8890-2000 processors, 48 cores each
• Up to 1 TB DDR4 Memory
• 1000 Watts 2U Redundant 80-Plus Power Supply (PLATINUM Level)
• 4x 10 GbE and 1x 40 GbE via QSFP
The PL-81060 platform features flexible storage/memory component allocation - up to 24x 3.5” HDD and 4x 2.5” HDD/SDD and 1TB DDR4 memory– making it effective for space-constrained applications. Moreover, with its 1000 Watt 80 Plus Power Supply-unit, the PL-81060 consumes less power than comparable high-performance storage units. ARM processing provides a cost-effective server solution that enables customers to make more deployments in the cloud.